In a landmark ruling in the Apple vs. Samsung patent trial, the jury has just awarded damages to Apple for Samsung’s violation of its various software, hardware design patents, and trade-dress dilution. For its various violations, Samsung must pay Apple $1,051,855,000 in damages, the jury determined. The damages, by device, are as follows:
- $57 million for the Samsung Prevail
- $44,792,974 for the Infused 4G
- $53,123,612 for the Mesmerize
- $3,350,256 for the Replenish
- $954,060 for the Transform
The jury was tasked with reviewing each patent, assigning a cumulative dollar amount to over 700 patent-specific questions. The jury returned a verdict after just two days of deliberation.