VP of Digital Media at KCPT - Kansas City Public Television. I use apple computers. I listen to radiohead.
Follow me on Twitter.
- To turn on the Do Not Disturb function, simply enter the Settings menu and flip the Do Not Disturb switch
- Keep in mind that this will block all calls and text message. You’ll still receive them, yet your phone will not emit a squeak or vibrate in your pocket
- However, if you happen to be expecting an important call or text message, there are a few options that will still ensure you get a restful night’s sleep
- First off, do not switch on the above button (that’s the default Do Not Disturb and applies at all hours)
- Below the Do Not Disturb menu is the Notification menu. Tap that
- Tap Do Not Disturb again (this one is a menu, not a rocker switch)
- Once in the Do Not Disturb menu you can select the following options:
- Schedule: this allows you to set a time between which you don’t want to receive alerts. Unfortunately, you can’t select by day of the week, which is to say this will apply to Monday through Sunday if left turned on. Just something to keep in mind.
- Allow Calls From: this is an exception rule. Once selected you can choose groups from your phone book that you are willing to accept calls from regardless if the Do Not Disturb function is enabled
- Repeated Calls: turn this function ON and anyone that calls again within 3 minutes, and your iPhone will ring.